Business Continuity is the capability of a business, and/or organization to continue the delivery of products or services at acceptable levels during and following an incident causing disruptions to the business.
Business continuity is the intended outcome of proper execution of both business continuity planning and disaster recovery.
Business Continuity Planning
Business Continuity Planning is the process of creating systems of prevention and recovery to deal with potential threats to a company, with the goal to enable ongoing operations during the recovery process.
Emergency Planning: Recent events throughout the world remind us of our own vulnerability to natural disasters which seem to be hitting areas of the globe with more frequency and power today than ever before. We review/re-write & create Business Continuity Plans, All Hazard Emergency Plans, conduct Hazard, Risk and Vulnerability Assessments, Evacuation Plans (and training), ICS Training and facilitate plan exercises.
Emergency Prevention & Mitigation
- Hazard, Risk, Vulnerability Analysis
- Emergency Response Plans (ERP’s)
- Supporting current ER programs
- ICS Position Training
- EOC Position Training
- Exercise Development, Facilitation, and Review
- Incident Command System (ICS)
- Incident Management Systems
- Integrated Response (Site (Multi-jurisdictional), EOC, and Business)
- EOC Support
- Interim Recovery
- Recovery Plan Coaching
- Business Continuity Integration
- Lessons Learned and Gap Identification
Communicable Disease Planning
- Setting appropriate staffing levels
- Business interruptions
- Supply chain management
- Business recovery
Communicable Disease Planning (Community)
The objectives of Communicable Disease Emergency Response (CDER) planning
- To create a document that is rooted in culture, taking into account Community strengths, resilience and incorporating historical lessons in disaster response.
- To minimize suffering, serious illness and overall deaths.
- To facilitate communication between CDE response partners.
- To increase Community readiness and Community member awareness.
- To develop a plan that is a living document, changing to meet future needs.
The considerations for CDER planning
- To review the regional/Community governance structure.
- To integrate the CDER plan with other local and regional plans (e.g. Community Emergency Response Plan, Regional Health Authority (RHA) plan and plans from other local and regional jurisdictions), and ensure its preparedness and response activities are complementary.
- To review emergency plans from neighboring towns if available.
- To establish linkages with emergency preparedness and response partners
We provide Fire Safety planning and prevention services specifically designed for your facility and staff. We create approved Fire Safety plans and evacuation route signage, review Fire Safety plans, provide fire education to staff, and supervise fire drills to ensure best practices. Fire drill reports are provided to Management to ensure relevant information is communicated. For facilities that under go accreditation, we develop and administer an Accreditation Manual for Fire and Life Safety. This manual has proven to be a valuable tool for Management, as it lessens administrative workload and guessing when accreditation is due.
Management of Aggressive Behaviour Training
JEL Protection Ltd. provides certified training in Management of Aggressive Behaviour Training or MOAB®. WCB has made it clear that workplace violence is on the rise and the second leading cause of injury health care amongst staff. It is therefore necessary under WCB Regulation 4.2 to have a Violence in the Workplace program in place. This program must include: Violence in the Workplace policies, education on reporting and investigations, and MOAB® training for staff. The MOAB® program that we offer meets WCB requirements, and most importantly is trained by Industry Professionals.